2021 North Alabama Spirit Hill Tailgating Guidelines
To expand the opportunity to tailgate, and for the safety of our children, the UNA Athletics Department has created several guidelines for the 2021 season.
- No vehicles will be allowed to move about on Spirit Hill beginning four (4) hours prior to game time. (i.e. For a 6 pm kick-off, vehicles must be in place by 2 pm). A barricade will be placed at the entrance to Spirit Hill four (4) hours prior to kick off and will be removed for people to leave once the game has begun.
- Any vehicle (no RV's) used of brought onto Spirit Hill is expected to fit within your allotted space.
- Royal Avenue will close to through traffic four (4) hours prior to kickoff. Post-kickoff the road will remain closed for five (5) hours so you will have plenty of time to enjoy the game and clean up post game.
- No band or DJ is permitted at individual tents. Please keep individual "radio" music to a reasonable volume in respect to those around you. Make sure song lyrics are appropriate for all ages (nothing vulgar, suggestive, or profane). Anyone not keeping within these guidelines will be asked to leave.
- Purple, gold, or white tents are preferred. There will be a zero tolerance level for tents of another team. Anyone breaking this guideline will be asked to take their tent down. Tents are available for purchase at the UNA bookstore.
- Please consider how to collect and dispose of your trash. While we encourage you to enjoy yourselves, we ask that you bring your own trash bags and help keep Spirit Hill beautiful. Upon departure, if there is any trash you cannot take with you, we ask that you collect it and deposit it (in trash bags) between the two (2) trees at the base of Spirit Hill (1st Tier). UNA grounds personnel will assist in the removal of trash from these areas.
- Absolutely No Kegs Allowed.
- Police Officers have final jurisdiction regarding indiscretions, conflicts, or issues that arise. Please locate and utilize our campus police should you need assistance.
- Be Loud! Be Proud! Show our team (and our opponents) your UNA pride! Roar Lions!!!
The above list summarizes the basic tailgating guidelines for the 2021 Football Season. This list is subject to change through the season. By tailgating, you agree to abide by these guidelines. Failure to comply may result in relinquishing your reserved space to others on the waiting list.